BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Summer rain


I headed out today to mow the lawn after work. I know what you're thinking. Seriously, who mows their lawn on a Wednesday? Listen, I've been busy! Anyway, I finished with the lawn and thought that I would do a little extra and pull some weeds out of our front flower bed. I'm kind of a slacker when it comes to weeding, so that was a big deal for me. Well, I was less than five minutes into the weeding when the massive downpour hit. So, despite my best intentions, very little weeding got done. At least I was able to get my car in the garage before any raindrops fell. On the bright side, I got to stand on my porch and watch a sweet cloud burst that reminded me of the typhoon season in Taiwan. When I was a kid I hated rainy days, but in the summer I always liked getting caught in a summer cloud burst. Now I just enjoy sitting and watching the rain fall, no matter what time of year.

0 comments: