BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The infamous S

I was reminded again today of something that drives me absolutely nuts; the infamous S. This is when the name of a restaurant is spoken incorrectly as a result of adding an 's' at the end. Here are two examples that quickly come to mind.



Notice, the name on these signs is not "Rumbi's" or "Sizzler's". The names of these establishments are not like Wendy's, McDonald's, or Chili's. Whenever I hear somebody about to say the name of a restaurant that doesn't have an 's' on the end, I prepare myself for the 's' insertion and cringe when I hear it. So, if you're doing this, stop! That's my rant for the day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Do you want to go to Bajios? Come on Cam, it'll be good!

Michael said...

Cam great post!! I can relate to you in so many ways. It's gotta be great to work for a company that never has problems the infamous "S". I don't have that luxury at CostcoS.