BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hangin' out with the grandpas




This last week Jenny and I had the opportunity to spend some time with my Grandpa Fuhriman and her Grandpa Flint. Last Sunday Jenny, myself, Chris, Nat, and my mom all drove up to Providence (near Logan) to see my mom's dad, Grandpa Jake. It was a great visit. Grandpa sat and told Jenny and I all about how he and my late Grandma met, were married, and how they have passed on their legacy to their children. Right after my grandma died, my grandpa bought a new train set and set it up in his basement. So, picture this (I've posted a picture to help you), you've got a 92 year old man who looks like he's a kid again when he gets down on his knees and starts playing with his new train set. It was a great time.

Then, on Wednesday night, Jenny and I were able to take her dad and grandpa to see the Jazz take on the Mavs. I was pretty skeptical about their chances going in, but they pulled it off. It was Grandpa Flint's first time at a Jazz game, so I guess it's a good thing that they won. Grandpa Flint is a big Jazz fan and he watches all of their games from home on tv. When we found out that we had four tickets to the game, we thought maybe we should take him. When I called to tell him what time we would pick him up, he told me that he had never been to a game before. It was a great opportunity to watch a good game and enjoy each other's company.

1 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh how cute!! I love that you took pictures of Grandpas! Cause grandpa's are the best thing ever, along with grandmas. So cute, I just might have to shed a tear. sigh.