BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Two and a half weeks...so what?

I realize I haven't posted anything for a little while. So, in order to calm the unrest of my fans, I am here with another post. I'm just up to the same old stuff. Jenny and I are most likely going to Bear Lake this weekend for conference. In October we're going to Disneyland. We're going to hop in the Subaru and drive down for a few days. My classes are going alright. I'm actually understanding all of them so far, which is surprising. When the air is cold during this time of year, it gets me thinking about the upcoming ski season. It's time to say goodbye to our good friend summer, and arrange for the welcoming of our better friend, winter. I'm trying to find some time when I can go and get the ol' Xtra Hots tuned up. I think I'm getting new tires for the Subaru right before we go to California.
On the subject of cars...car dealers are crooks. Yeah, as if we didn't already know that. Well, when we bought the Pathfinder, the dealer only gave us one set of keys. He said that if we wanted another set, he'd have the dealership take care of it. When I called him to tell him that we did want another set, he told me that the dealership was unwilling to pay for it. So, either we had to pay for it, or he said he would pay for it. Oh, by the way, the cost is $100. Well, I thought about telling him to go ahead and pay for it. Then, I found on ebay a blank of the key we had. Cost? $15 after shipping. What about the transponder chip inside? Well, there is a locksmith in Bountiful who will program it for $30. Yeah, I think we'll do that. Still though, that's a lot to pay for a key. Jenny is in the middle of writing a mean letter to send. I've also recently replaced the filter in the Pathfinder and put in a K&N filter. I've noticed some added power and slightly better mileage, about 2-3 more mpg. Well, hopefully this is enough info on my current life to keep all of the inquisitive people at bay. Thank you, and goodnight now!

10 comments:

Rand said...

Cam - attached is my list of comments.

1. You are the first person that found my blog without me telling you to go there. Must have been an accident.
2. You bought a Pathfinder? I could have hooked you up with the Ford Discount my friend.
3. Those linkie-thingy's on the side of your blog are links and you can edit them to link to cool places like www.randblair.com or not-so-cool places like http://www.jet.efda.org/pages/content/fusion1.html
4. All lists must have at least four points, otherwise it's just a couple comments
5. Nate has a blog?

Cam said...

Actually, I found out about your blog when I visited your web-page. Your web-page told me to go to your blogspot and to "DO IT NOW!" So, I guess it really was you that told me to go there.

Nate Page said...

Cam, just two words: "contract law." I'm serious dude, you can make those people pay because that is effdup. If the dealer said that he would pay for the key, there are certain factors that might constitute a binding oral agreement. Anyway, you would only break out "law talk" in order to pressure them; otherwise it's more of a hastle than it is worth. Enjoy the weekend in Bear Lake.

Nate

Rand said...

So are we gonna see pictures of this one-keyed Pathfinder?

Suz said...

Hey cam, it's nice to catch up on your life. Rand has been trying to keep the online world updated on us, but he gets a little busy sometimes, so I decided to give this blog thing a try. You'll have to check out my blog, if for no other reason than the fact that I have a picture of my very pregnant self posted. We'll have to see how long this lasts after the baby comes!

Nate Page said...

Hey cam,

So how many comments can one entry have? we're up to six. Okay, I was lying about that whole "contract law" thing. You should just egg his wife. Oooohhh that was mean, but it was the meanest thing I could think of.

Nate

Rand said...

Seven

Anonymous said...

EIGHT! Hey, Cam. It is nice to have you back. It is kind of funny that I have been giving you grief about not writing when I don't even have a blog. I'm sure they must be really hard to keep up. That is why I don't try.
It is good to hear from Rand and Suz as well. I'm going to their site right now...

Jeff

Cam said...

Seriously Jeff. I sit here bored out of my mind at work, and I just keep thinking to myself "Boy, it sure would be great if Jeff had a blog so I could read it." You know, I've been let down a lot of times in my life, but it's never felt like this. (nine)

Cam said...

Look on the previous post! Yeah! There they are!