BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Skiing and Podcasting

As an early Father's Day gift, Jenny had all of my previous blog posts printed into a book. She mentioned how much she liked reading my old posts and hoped that I would start blogging again. So, here we go. 


For this year's ski season I purchased a night season pass to Powder Mountain. It has been nice to be able to go skiing after work or on evenings on the weekend.
I have been able to catch some great sunsets. 

I like to ski mostly by myself and I usually listen to music while I ski. With how much I've been skiing this year I started to get kind of tired of listening to music. I also listen to podcasts, but I was going through new episodes too quickly. So, I decided to check out some new ones. 

Some podcasts that I already listen to are The Stolen Droids Podcast and Serial. Stolen Droids covers things going on in the geek world and is hosted by some guys here in Utah. You can check out their site at www.stolendroids.com

Serial is on their second season and they are covering the story of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. It has been interesting at times, but other times it's a bit boring. 

Their website is www.serialpodcast.org. 

Then, I started listening to two other podcasts. The first is Freakonomics radio. 
Those of you that know me can understand why I like this podcast. I'm a bit of an Econ geek and this podcast covers some interesting topics that are approached in an interesting way. It can get a bit dry and sometimes I find myself zoning out a bit, but that's no different from when I was studying Econ in school. 
Their website is www.freakonomics.com

The last podcast is Stuff You Should Know. 
The topics on this podcast are wide ranging, but no matter how boring you think a topic is, Josh and Chuck always manage to make it entertaining. This has become my favorite podcast. I'm sure there were plenty of nights where people on the ski lift or slopes thought I was crazy because I was laughing to myself. Their website is www.stuffyoushouldknow.com. 

Do you listen to any podcasts?  If so, what are your favorites?









2 comments:

Kevin Abernethy said...

I'm a regular listener of 2 podcasts. 1) Planet Money, 2) Ted Radio Hour. I will check out the ones you mentioned.

Heather said...

Hey, I heard your blog was back in action. Yay! Have you listened to the first season of Serial? I found it more interesting than season 2. I don't know of any other good ones.....