BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Nervous



I had to give a presentation last night in my networking class. I don't really get too nervous or anxious for these types of things, but some people do. I think it's interesting that some people have no problem speaking up or talking in a large group of people, as long as they can stay in their seat. However, the minute you put them up in front of those same people for a presentation, they look like they're going to break down and cry like a baby. Why is that? I remember Jerry Seinfeld doing a bit where he says that in a poll of what people fear the most, public speaking was #1. Death was #2. He then talks about how at a funeral, people would rather be in the casket than up in front speaking. Humans are weird...

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Too bad I can't leave a really elaborate comment. I'm afraid someone might discover your blog and be angry. Remember how my cousin Greg took a public speaking class online? Awesome.

zohner said...

This is awesome in so many ways I can't even begin to describe them. Even the comments are full of awesome. I love making enemies.